Tuesday, November 23, 2010


Friendship:

Vicki & I have been friends since Kindergarten, literally she was my first friend @ school. Within the past year we have been growing closer again & I have been blessed building relationships with her family. We live in a society where true friendship is hard to find with the dog eat dog mentality & technology that does nothing to cultivate relationship with texting & FB. Friendship is more challenging & not as personal as it use to be. Vicki & I for a time would write letters in the mail when she lived in Texas as a teen & even during her time in Delaware we were pen pals again. But I enjoy the phone calls now & hours of talking we spend sitting in her living room reminiscing & laughing, & at times sharing tears.

Our friendship has had few bumps in the road but the one thing we share is the ability to openly communicate with each other, she is the one friend who is not afraid to laugh at my weird coping tactics or call me out on my crap.

Her memories are so vivid & it never ceases to surprise me on the details that she remembers on our childhoods, colors of clothing, exact phrases spoken, names of common childhood friends. The one argument that we share is where our friendship began, she says it was walking circles around a tree on the kindergarten playground & I claim it was the jungle gym but what matters most is...we became friends.

I cherish the memories I have with her & the ones that I know we will share in the future. She truly is what the bible calls a "friend who sticks closer than a brother."


"A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24


Angelia

0 comments: